Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Examining Gender, Race and Body Image in a Virtual World

I first entered into Braunworth infoclub. I was a Caucasian young woman with brown hair. I tried chatting with some people in this world and no one seemed to answer. I walked around, stood in front of some people and i never got a response.  


I then went into Xuna's Rock Dance Club and Mall as a young African American woman. There were a lot of different avatars in this world. Many of them were chatting but once again no one responded to me. As I did with the world before i walked around and tried to be social with others. 




 On my last stop i went and joined AEG Ambrosia Dance Club. People were more friendly in this virtual world. I was able to chat for a bit with one other person. In this world i was a Caucasian male that was tall with dark brown hair. I found it funny that I was a male avatar with a girls name and someone was still willing to respond.




No comments:

Post a Comment